By Sandra Murphy, Editor, SPAWNews – email@example.com
Whine Less, Write More: The No-Excuses Guide to Getting Your Butt in the Chair, Your Head Out of the Clouds & Your Words onto Paper Kindle Edition
by Linda Formichelli (Author), Diana Burrell (Author) from the Renegade Writer Press
If you want to write but feel you’re too old, too young, too tired, too busy, too uneducated, too broke, or too boring, listen up: It’s time to stop whining and start writing!
In Whine Less, Write More, you’ll recognize the dozens of excuses you use when you think about writing, such as:
- I’m afraid I’ll never be as good as [insert famous writer’s name].
- I don’t know where to start.
- I don’t have time to write.
- I’m too young/too old; no one will take me seriously.
- I can only write when it’s quiet.
- You can’t make a good living as a writer.
- I don’t have a good place to write.
- I’m waiting for inspiration to strike.
Formichelli and Burrell methodically dismantle over 40 commonly used excuses that writers tend to use to avoid writing, and provide actionable tips and strategies that can transform you from an underachieving dreamer to a productive, no-excuses-required author, writer or poet.
The 4.6% decline in October bookstore sales from a year ago was the third consecutive month sales fell from the comparable month in 2016. For the first 10 months of 2017, bookstore sales are down 2.9%. With sales through mass merchandisers down 8% in the first three weeks of the 2017 holiday selling season compared to 2016, total print unit sales were off 2.7% in the three-week period compared to a year ago per Publisher’s Weekly.
Book People bookstore in the West End is hoping to crowd-fund $50,000 to stay in business. To help save the brick and mortar book store, here’s the link. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/save-book-people-independent-business#
The article says the front door has been repaired and no longer requires a swift kick to open!
Best Selling Hardcover Non-Fiction for the week of December 15th
- The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Come and Get It!: Simple, Scrumptious Recipes for Crazy Busy Lives by Ree Drummond
- Leonardo Da Vinci by Walter Isaacson
- Let Trump Be Trump: The Inside Story of His Rise to the Presidency by Corey R Lewandowski & David N Bossie
- Guinness World Records 2018: Meet Our Real-Life Superheroes (2018) by Guinness World Records
- The How Not to Die Cookbook: 100+ Recipes to Help Prevent and Reverse Disease by Michael Greger & Gene Stone
- Origin by Dan Brown
- The Rooster Bar by John Grisham
- Year One: Chronicles of the One, Book 1 by Nora Roberts
- The Midnight Line: A Jack Reacher Novel by Lee Child
- The People vs. Alex Cross by James Patterson
Familiar names include:
C. Hope Clark’s Funds for Writers
Carol Tice’s Make a Living Writing
Joel Friedlander The Book Designer
Manuscript Wish List
Bookends Literary Agency
Sandra Beckwith’s Build Book Buzz
Penny Sansevieri (SPAWN Board Member)
Terry Whalin’s The Writing Life
Chuck Wendig’s Terrible Minds
The International Freelancer
Women on Writing